- By: Winnie Dunn, PhD, FAOTA, OTR
- Sensory processing & sensitivity in teens and adults.
- Test profile:
- Age Range: 14-80 years.
- Items: 64.
- Type: Self report.
- Scales: Measures Dunn's categories of sensory processing: registration, sensation seeking, sensitivity and avoiding in teenagers and adults.
- Publisher's statement
- Help Clients Understand and Improve Their Own Sensory Experiences.
The Adolescent/Adult Sensory Profile is designed as a trait measure of sensory processing patterns and effects on functional performance. An individual answers questions regarding how he or she generally responds to sensations, as opposed to how he or she responds at any given time. This enables the instrument to capture the more stable and enduring sensory processing preferences of an individual. A clinician can also evaluate the possible contributions of sensory processing to the client's daily performance patterns and identify and develop client awareness and strategies to optimize the desired sensory environment.
Other Uses for Adolescent/Adult Sensory Profile
Evaluate parents of a child or infant with sensory processing challenges with Adolescent/Adult Sensory Profile. By profiling the parents for their sensory processing responses, you will gain valuable insights into the child's interactions and help to build more family-centered intervention strategies.
- Report includes a temperament profile bar graph, interpretations of the meaning of the individual's standing on each of the nine scales, and a validity section which indicates social desirability information, estimates of personal awareness of temperament characteristics, and a listing of the scores on each of the items on the questionnaire.
Note: Coming soon! Sensory processing in infants & children to be assessed with Dunn's Infant and Child Questionnaires.